2019 Effective Supervisory Practices Session 1: The Foundation: Roles of a Supervisor/Supervisory Leadership and Ethics (Chapters 1, 2, 3)
Based on Chapters 1, 2, and 3, presenters discuss the definition of leadership, ethics, and important factors to consider as employees move into leadership roles within the organization.
- Roles and responsibilities of a supervisor
- The difference between leading and managing
- Effective delegation
- Moving from peer to boss
- Characteristics of influential supervisory leadership
- Developing and improving leadership skills
- Ethics: Definition, challenges, and ethical decision making
- Supervisor as an ethical role model
Michelle Poché Flaherty
Deputy City Manager, City of Palo Alto
Michelle Poché Flaherty is deputy city manager of the city of Palo Alto, California. With 20 years of public service experience, Michelle has held senior executive positions in federal, state and local government. She is professionally trained in coaching and a member of the International Coach Federation.