2020 Effective Supervisory Practices Session 1: The Foundation: Roles of a Supervisor/Supervisory Leadership and Ethics (Chapters 1, 2, 3)
Recorded On: 09/03/2020
Based on Chapters 1, 2, and 3, presenters discuss the definition of leadership, ethics, and important factors to consider as employees move into leadership roles within the organization.
- Roles and responsibilities of a supervisor
- The difference between leading and managing
- Effective delegation
- Moving from peer to boss
- Characteristics of influential supervisory leadership
- Developing and improving leadership skills
- Ethics: Definition, challenges, and ethical decision making
- Supervisor as an ethical role model
Michelle Poché Flaherty
Assistant City Manager, City of Redwood City, CA
With 30 years of government experience, Michelle Poché Flaherty has held senior executive positions in federal, state and local government. She served as Deputy Chief of Staff at the U.S. Department of Transportation; Deputy City Manager of Palo Alto, CA; and is currently the Assistant City Manager of Redwood City, CA. Michelle is a certified executive coach, published author and instructor in leadership, and subject matter expert in organizational performance management.
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|