Local Gov Data Part 2: Managing Data
Recorded On: 03/01/2018
Data strategists will talk about how to successfully get your data in order. Kay Meyer and Mary Anne Hopper will outline five essential components of a data strategy and share examples of successful data management. Having implemented a transformative data integration project for her government agency, Kay Meyer will talk frankly about the pitfalls you may encounter, how to ensure that data is protected, and the differences between data sharing and open data.
You and your staff will discuss:
- The benefit of enterprise-wide data sharing and common impediments
- Successful approaches to embarking on sharing data
- Five components of Data Strategy
- Examples of successful adoption
- Pitfalls encountered by governments that start sharing data
- Difference between data sharing and open data
NOTE: This is part two of a four-part series. All sessions are free. Registration is separate for each session; you may register for any or all of these sessions. This is a free webinar sponsored by an ICMA Strategic Partner who will have access to the registration contact information.
This webinar is complimentary thanks to the sponsorship of an ICMA Strategic Partner who will have access to registration information.